The aim of SwissLichens is to make knowledge about the distribution and endangerment of tree and earth-dwelling lichens in Switzerland accessible to the general public and to provide the basis for the protection of lichens in Switzerland. Our environment is subject to constant change and the living conditions of lichens change with it. SwissLichens helps to document these changes and propose measures for species and habitat conservation.
SwissLichens consists of three modules:
Distribution: Distribution maps, overview diagrams (height distribution, habitat frequency, substrate frequency), information on protection and hazard status, and photos of lichens in Switzerland.
Endangerment: Endangered lichen species can be queried per canton or municipality (ArcIMS application).
Protection: Materials and tools for lichen protection in Switzerland.
Additional information (in German): http://www.swisslichens.ch.
SwissLichens is a cooperation project between the Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research (WSL) and the Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN).
Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape (WSL)
- Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
- Community Ecology
- Research Unit Forest Resources and Management (FoReMa)
- Forest Dynamics
- Forest Soils and Biogeochemistry
- Forest health and biotic interactions
- Mountain Hydrology and Mass Movements (GebirgsHydrologie)
- Land Change Science
- Publications WSL
- SwissForestLab (SwissFL)
- National data and information center for the fungi of Switzerland (SwissFungi)
- Data Manager: Silvia Stofer