WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research (SLF)
- Data Manager:
The SLF is well known worldwide as a leading research institute in its field. Along with basic research, the SLF performs applied research and provides various services, such as the Avalanche Bulletin. The SLF carries out advanced research while at the same time contributing to the resolution of urgent social issues, such as warning of natural hazards or analysing climatic and environmental changes in mountain areas.
Research for people and the environment: - The SLF monitors and researches the condition, origin and evolution of natural hazards, snow, permafrost and mountain ecological systems. - The SLF develops concepts, strategies and specific measures to protect populations against natural hazards, in particular avalanches. - The SLF develops sustainable solutions for socially relevant issues, in collaboration with partners in the scientific and social sectors.
The SLF is part of the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL, making it part of the ETH domain.
Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape (WSL)
- Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
- Community Ecology
- Research Unit Forest Resources and Management (FoReMa)
- Forest Dynamics
- Forest Soils and Biogeochemistry
- Forest health and biotic interactions
- Mountain Hydrology and Mass Movements (GebirgsHydrologie)
- Land Change Science
- WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research (SLF)
- National data and information center for the fungi of Switzerland (SwissFungi)
- WSL Publications (Web & Print)