Land Change Science
- Data Manager:
The unit studies patterns and processes at the landscape level caused by ecological and anthropogenic drivers. Ecological and biophysical processes, human activities and the interactions between them are analyzed over short to long time scales. The spatial scales we study range from plots, to small watersheds, larger landscapes, continents and hemispheres, to the globe. Both the analyses and the scaling of patterns and processes along temporal and spatial dimensions represent an integral field of research of the unit.
Partners and stakeholders of this Unit include researchers within WSL and in the international scientific community, land users and public administrations.
Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape (WSL)
- Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
- Community Ecology
- Research Unit Forest Resources and Management (FoReMa)
- Forest Dynamics
- Forest Soils and Biogeochemistry
- Forest health and biotic interactions
- Mountain Hydrology and Mass Movements (GebirgsHydrologie)
- Land Change Science
- SwissForestLab (SwissFL)
- National data and information center for the fungi of Switzerland (SwissFungi)
- WSL Publications (Web & Print)